Re: variac

From: Max <maxhenkel_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 22:38:30 EDT

Hello all... Just wanted to get thoughts on using a Variac... I wanted to
get one for working on monitors. I would be using it to force linear power
supply to run or hopefully to dial in different AC supply voltages for
vector monitors.

Is is worth finding one with isolation or just run along with a regular
isolation transformer?
Would 5 amps cover most concievable applications for game work, they sure
get expensive fast....

 To UNSUBSCRIBE from techtoolslist, send a message with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the
 message body to: techtoolslist-request@flippers.com. Please direct other
 questions, comments, or problems to jrr@flippers.com.