RE: RFC

From: Chris Toseland <Chris_at_muppzlab.co.uk>
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 06:17:40 EDT

Hi Mike,

>but can we have bit masks for ram

Excellent comment I'll look into it, one of the things I have left to do is
allow configurable parameters for the ram/io tests.
While the hardware does pass back the the failing bits/location currently it
would be up to the operator to decide which ram it was if we were talking
pairs of 2114's or the like. Within a script you could report back the
failure of a particular IC fairly easily but as you point out not so in the
standalone mode.

>should the memory map / IO etc not be a tree from the CPU

Excellent point no 2.
I did notice this failing when I created the project for the screenshots and
was in 2 minds about how to resolve it, my own fault for using boards with
single cpus while developing and getting tunnel vision.

Option 1 was to totally cop out and leave it as-is for the operator to maybe
create multiple project files 1 for the main board and others for sub
boards, not really an ideal situation.

Option 2 do something else but wasn't sure what. Now you've given me a
solution :o)

As for USB chips I don't have stock of them as yet I bought an off the shelf
module from the manufacturers distributor to minimise the development phase
of the comms side of things. It has all the components and connector on a
32pin dip module but at £25 a pop I won't be using them on the finished
design.

Thanks for the very useful feedback

Chris
If you ever want to (un)subscribe yourself with TTL, you can send mail to:
<Majordomo@flippers.com>
with the following command in the body of your email message:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist
or from another email account, besides xxx@yyy.com:
(un)subscribe techtoolslist xxx@yyy.com