Question about Clay's multigame

From: Ed Henciak <ethst3+_at_pitt.edu>
Date: Tue Nov 18 1997 - 21:29:48 EST

I guess this is primarily directed towards Clay, but others may have a
little input...

Anyway, I was wondering if you could add a little circuit to your
daughtercard to eliminate having to hook up that 3VAC (I think) to the G80
system. This would totally eliminate that flaky power supply and would
make the mess under my ST cockpit seat a lot neater :)!!!! I read in the
Sega XY FAQ that a 555 may work as a viable sub for that stupid 3VAC. I'd
try it out, but I doubt I have the time right now between school and work.
I hate to bring up ideas and let others try them at the expense of their
time, but this would benefit all if it does work. How does this sound?
What I could do is get the values needed for the 555. I guess all we'd
need is a square wave with a Vpp of 6V running at 60Hz. If others do not
want this feature, It could be bypassed with a jumper. No big engineering
feat, I know :). Oh well, take care and have fun!!!!

Ed