RE: Redesign of boards...

From: Clay Cowgill <ClayC_at_diamondmm.com>
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 11:11:25 EDT

I've thought about doing Ms. Pac Man/etc (and I know Kev was going down
the same path probably before I was). I'd kicked around Asteroids too--
I was thinking of trying to drop it all (most all anyway) onto a couple
big CPLD's or an FPGA or something. A "one chip" asteroids so to
speak...

On the Sega Multigame I was going to pull all the 2114's into a single
SRAM (like I did with the EPROMs), but then I decided it would just add
cost to the PCB and add complexity to the design... Something of
Asteroids-level complexity is a good candidate, IMHO.

-Clay