Redesign of boards...

From: Mitchell Rohde <bovine_at_eecs.umich.edu>
Date: Thu Jun 04 1998 - 09:47:57 EDT

 Hey all-

     I was thinking (insert laughs here :) ) ... I've seen many redesigns
 and multigame add ons here, but I don't think I've seen a complete
redesign of a game board...

     It would be interesting to redo a classic board like Asteroids or
something using the same program, but reduce much of the TTL and
associated circuits to PLDs or PALs, etc. I was looking over some of my
schematics and thought about:

  Space Invaders (look at all those 1 bit rams...)
  Asteroids (a bunch of fairly common Atari board design)
  Battlezone (more atari design)

 etc...

  The idea being that we could make the stuff a little more reliable and
 service-able (sp).... maybe incorporate multigame stuff, etc...

 Anyway, thoughts?

                                Mitch