Amplifone +/- 24v regulation

From: Joel Rosenzweig <joel-r_at_an.hp.com>
Date: Tue Jul 07 1998 - 14:37:35 EDT

Has anyone considered using large capacitors to hold the +/- 24V output
from the voltage regulators, specifically to help keep the screen from
expanding/shrinking during the Death Star explosion?

Would it be better to just add a beefier regulator?

I was just thinking that we could do just what the car stereo fanatics
do when they want to keep their amps running well under heavy demand.
Seems to me that we could do something similar for the HV section here.

Joel-