G08 Parts.

From: TomW <twisnion_at_enteract.com>
Date: Tue Jul 28 1998 - 00:50:23 EDT

Gang,
   Due to the interest in the GO8 parts, I made the bulk purchase and now
have them piled in my garage. Quite a site I might add...

Anyway, this has left me with a little dilemma, The response was large, to
say the least, with most people taking 2 to 5 units. Well, there is only 15
HV assemblies, so:

Do I process orders by the timestamp that the emails came in..

Or

Alot one to a customer, and go down the emails by timestamp and divvy them
out that way.

Option 2, more people get them, Option 1, less hassle on my part with
shipping etc, but more 'bummed' vector people with the parts...

Make the Vote, and let me know how to handle it.....

This only applies to the HV units, I've got plenty of the deflection
transistors and heatsink assemblies, although some are marked bad on one
side and good on the other, all look used. One thing that I've noticed, is
that most of them have the transistors mounted wire side out, whereas the
factory has the wires on the inside of the block. This puts the transistors
directly in front of the fan. This must increase cooling an order of
magnitude, it might be worth while noting this little tip somewhere if its
not already... maybe keep'em running a little longer..

 I have not dug to the bottom of the box yet to see them all, but I'll try
to pickout the 'less beat' ones for those that wanted them.... BTW, 50 of
those things weight allot !!

TTYL

TomW