Re: G-08 Question (was: Re: So I was talking to a co-worker today...)

From: Mit Matelske <Mit_Matelske_at_BayNetworks.COM>
Date: Fri Nov 20 1998 - 12:21:31 EST

<snip>
>No blue: Start by re-soldering header pins on the input board and deflection
>board. The blue gain is the knob on the left side of the neck board.

Thanks for the input Mark!! This is one of my monitors that I haven't
re-soldered the whole thing yet... Man are those d-boards are hard to
take off...

>The collapsing deflection/gas-like clouds sounds HV related. Resolder the 10
>pin header on the HV unit. You also may want to check the pots on the HV
unit,
>and try fiddling with those.
>
>That's about as scientific as I get :-)
>
>BTW, thanks to all who are contributing to the G08 document. If possible,
I'd
>like to "collect" your editions by tuesday of next week (gotta set a deadline
>sometime, might as well be before Thanksgiving) so I can merge them and see
>where we are at so far.
>
>And Mit, while your messing with these monitors, be sure to document anything
>you learn (excluding tips for playing Tac/Scan ;-)).

Will do. I'll have it next to me the whole time I dig into these disgusting
beasts. No Tac-Scan tips, what's up? I'd probably be *real* good if I
could get a game to run for longer than 15 minutes :)

Mit