Re: New Vector Games

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Thu Dec 17 1998 - 19:06:00 EST

> So if anybody has any suggestions of what kind of vector games they would
> like to see, please send them to me.

IF you can link 2 cabs together, I'd like to see some flavor of X-pilot
run on there. It'd be sort of like Gravitar with scrolling terrain and
caverns, but with another player in there somewhere like Space War. You
obviously won't shoot the hundreds of shots that X-pilot can, but there
could be power-ups and stuff.

  BTW, forget any shared memory scheme, go serial. In fact, use something
that can do multi-node. put a micro on there to handle CAN. We run 1Mbps
CAN at work over some really ugly cable (twisted pair, ribbon, etc..) and
get 20 feet with few errors - and you get auto-retransmits if there are
errors. Just put the data in the buffer and ship it - it WILL get to at
least one other node on the network (barring a hardware failure).

Oh, allow team play by using the linked ships from Space Duel in a
networked game - in the scrolling caverns of course :-) And what ever you
do don't put in anything that resembles a "plus sign" that can kill you.

Just some thoughts,

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.