Re: schematic mismatches...

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 11:27:53 EST

In a message dated 2/25/99 10:39:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bovine@eecs.umich.edu writes:

<< I'm currently engaged in fixing an old (raster) monitor (ok, ok, I know
 this is vectorlist, but...)... and it brought me to thinking. How
  often do you guys find in the monitors that the schematics have typos
  or have different component values than the unit you are servicing?
  Sometimes it's just a question of revision number, other times it
  seems like the company just didn't care about the docs... >>

I just recently posted about Amplifone HV revisions. The early versions are
mighty screwed up compared to the more modern ones found in SW - you've got
diodes in spots that are labled for resistors on the board, piggybacked
resistors to caps that are not on the schems, etc. etc.. This can get
confusing....