schematic mismatches...

From: Mitchell Rohde <bovine_at_eecs.umich.edu>
Date: Thu Feb 25 1999 - 10:33:52 EST

 Guys-

   I'm currently engaged in fixing an old (raster) monitor (ok, ok, I know
this is vectorlist, but...)... and it brought me to thinking. How
 often do you guys find in the monitors that the schematics have typos
 or have different component values than the unit you are servicing?
 Sometimes it's just a question of revision number, other times it
 seems like the company just didn't care about the docs...

 Any thoughts?

 Mitch

 ps- before you ask, I'm working on an XM501 display for a 1973 Atari
Space Race...