Re: Survey: vector artwork differences

From: chumblespuzz <chumblespuzz_at_home.com>
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 22:15:16 EDT

Ok. I checked out my non-skirted spinner knob and compared it to my skirted
one. Everything about them is identical, but no skirt. There is no evidence
that the non-skirted one was ever skirted, and if it was, someone went to a
lot more trouble to completely and perfectly remove the skirt than it would
have been to simply replace it (assuming that they were readily available
back then.)

Am I the only one with a non-skirted Tempest knob? If so, perhaps I have a
tremendously valuable prototype on my hands, and if someone out there
collects prototypes, I would glady trade it for an NOS skirted one. :)

As an aside, I have a Blasteroids as well. Below you mention that this was
the knob used for SD=>MH conversions. This assembly is completely different
than a Tempest assembly (plastic housing, plastic encoder wheel, different
bearings, etc.) and the knobs are not interchangeable. Do I understand
correctly that the SD=>MH converison used the same entire assembly as a
Blasteroids? Just curious.

-roy-