Re: Survey: vector artwork differences

From: Jeff Anderson <mayday19_at_idt.net>
Date: Fri Apr 09 1999 - 04:02:59 EDT

I really hate to follow up to this since I'm sure people dont want to read
this but if you know what I do for a living you may understand why :>
My fulltime job is to keep videogame history straight.. and as an owner of
9 Tempest machines, several hundred others, and 8 years of
videogame collecting experience I'd like to think I'd be able to give
advice that would be taken seriously.. :>

Right here I have a knob that was pulled from a Tempest mini that I ran in
Videotopia in Dallas.. The skirt broke and I replaced it as soon as I
noticed it was broken (probably within a day's time of it breaking). About
7/8s of it broke off but a little 1/2" long stub of the skirt is left. the
rest of it broke off so clean you could never tell there was a skirt
there just like you described Roy..If you are really interested in seeing
this maybe I can get some macro photos of it. you will find it looks
exactly like yours. I have at least 2 other knobs in similar condition
because I've had them break before, but I probably discarded them..

That knob you have is simply broken and I just dont want people to think
that there is a "rare tempest knob" because it is simply untrue (I can
see the eBay headings now). Sorry but I just like to share information I
am knowledgable about in an effort to help out other collectors.. Which is
exactly what this list is for..

The MH conversion for SD came with an entirely new control panel which
included the plastic covered and weighted spinner that was later used in
Blasteriods. the Tempest conversions used the original controls.

And sorry for that previous empty post to Bill E's reply.. I wanted to
email him instead of post and I accidentally sent it instead of
canceling..

somebody please post something else its been 2 days of my stupid knob
discussion.. god I hope it cant be that captivating :>

Jeff