Re: More Tempest Problems :(

From: Mike Benedict <benedict_m_at_palmer.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 17:32:18 EDT

At 13:42 04/16/1999 -0500, you wrote:
> With this monitor, like any monitor, I recommend finding out what
>the problem is, rather than just blindly replacing stuff with a cap. kit,
>but that's just me....

On the flip side, I just cap'd a monitor in a Galaga which now works like
new. Now I'm going to go back through the caps that I pulled to see which
of them are bad or way out of tolerance. This way I'll know which stages
to attack in the future for a given mode of failure. Besides, with these
older monitors, I'd rather replace a bunch a caps in one shot instead of
waiting for them to individually fail. I think this approach gives you the
best of both worlds, you find out which part(s) was the culprit and get rid
of future potential failures.

Mike Benedict