Help Advice needed: Calculus Calculation what machines?

From: Frank Kannemann <frankk_at_fundy.net>
Date: Fri Apr 16 1999 - 22:24:53 EDT

Hi,

I realize this email is going to vector slightly into the raster arena
but it seems a fair number of this list's members also have some raster
stuff or experience repairing them....(so, if this annoys anyone
I will take it offline :-)

I found an operator with some 40 games forsale up here in the boonies
(well a 4 hour drive away from me). I am not offering these forsale
but if anyone is interested I can help them get in contact with him.
The list I have created can be seen at:
http://user.fundy.net/frankk/list.html

I want to buy a couple of games from him and I am faced with
this dilemma of:

Money, Space and Time (Not enough in that order...:-)

So, I said maybe I could part with $500CDN (~$300USD) and snap up a few
of the machines. But I have tried to (for a month) figure out
which machines would be the best "value"/bang for my buck (which is
obviously *very* subjective).

Due to space limitation I can only end up with 3 more cabs.

Due to technical ability limitation I don't want to get any machines
that are going to need constant feeding and watering. (I have
managed to get a PAC-MAN and a SPACE DUEL back to life but my
asteriods is killing me).

So from the list I want end up with 2 good "classic" machines
and one good Jamma/Mame Cabinet.

Without pictures and just the guy's descriptions this going to
be difficult.

So, now some questions:

1) Is Pole Position a pain to keep running?
2) Is SPY Hunter " "?

3) What would your 3 choice be?

I was thinking of: Pole Position, Spy Hunter and 3 dead $50 Jamma
Cabinets (and keep the best one) and offer him $500.

But, then some of the other Jamma cabs seem to have 25" monitors
in them.

The guy has offered sell them in bulk (but I don't have any
interest in *that* magntude (sp) of project).

So, any thoughts/experiences/recommendation would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks

Frank (lost in the candy store...ok give me them all)