Re: Casters on games

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_Agouron.COM>
Date: Tue May 11 1999 - 11:40:35 EDT

Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

> On Mon, 10 May 1999, bill esquivel wrote:
>
> > So either buy the kind that mount with 4 screws or make a larger based mounting
> > bracket and use the screw in type. Some casters have wheel locks. Look for
> > those.
>
> So we have one vote for with locks, one without. :-)

Go without. Unless your house is about to slide off your foundation,
they aren't needed. The brakes are a pain in the ass to reach too.

> Thanks for the comments on the screw-in type -- I was probavbly just going
> to use the ones with a screw-on plate anyway.

4 screws with the wheel centers on the mount is key. *All* my cabinets
get this treatment as soon as I get them home.

> Plastic wheels instead of rubber -- hadn't thought about that, but yeah,
> they would get a flat side.

Of course, I already had casters on all my games before Cris suggested
this to me ;-)

> I'll ahve to see how big the refridgerator tracks are, how they end up
> looking. I think I have a set around anyway.

I suggest not bothering. Having the casters firmly attached at the
corners of the cabinets is actually stable. If the tracks are smaller
than the cabinet, then things get tippy. If they are bigger, then you
start banging your toes.

Ray

NB when you're done you can help Zonn get around to his cabinets ;-)