Re: webpage to look at...

From: chumblespuzz <chumblespuzz_at_home.com>
Date: Wed May 12 1999 - 21:22:41 EDT

Hey Clay,

Thanks for the preview of the Tempest multi-game page. I have a comment
(opinion) about the menu.

You state that the menu is called up on power-up. I'd like you to consider
changing this, and am interested if anyone else feels the same.

My view is that the game should be Tempest first, and a multi-game second.
If a friend (or a friend's kid) comes over and powers on my machine when I'm
not around I want the machine to just play Tempest. I would prefer if the
game would default to a user-selectable game on power-up (I would probably
leave mine on rev. 3). If you don't want to deal with making a UI for
setting the default (ie: press super zap and show another object (e.g.
fuseball) to the right of the default game) then defaulting to the last
played game would be ok.

Also, some people might get lazy and not install a game select switch. I
could just imagine people powering the game down and up, over and over, just
to get back to the menu. This surely can't be good for the machine or
monitor.

Or, I'm just being silly. :)

I will be pushing my way to be first in line to get one of these kits
regardless of your decision on this design issue. I just thought I should
bring it up.

While at it, will each game save it's own high score table?

Thanks for doing this in the first place! I can't wait!
-roy-