Omega Race CPU repair

From: ddhumphr <david_at_bbn.com>
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 08:34:27 EDT

It's time to try to repair one, well hopefully two, of the three non-working
board sets that I now have for Omega Race. The problems with this thought are
many. The only schematics I can find are those four "TIF"s on the net. Does
anyone have a bit more of the manual scanned? From what I can tell, just
looking at the board, there is some circuitry that I recognize from the
Asteroids CPU (?!?) down there by the DAC's. Did some engineer leave Atari to
produce this for Midway?

It's got the same old WDOG reset problem that you've all probably seen many
times, but I'll be darned if I can find a bad ROM. Any repair FAQ out there for
this CPU yet?

...heck anyone selling the doc. set?

Ace