Re: BattleZone Monitor? Problem

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Jul 19 1999 - 17:02:49 EDT

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Al Warner wrote:

> Curious. I'm sure the horizontal is rock solid. The vertical shrink is
> exponential from the center out. In other words, the area where the

See, that sounds like blooming. I would put up a test pattern to verify that
it really is in only one direction. If it is in one direction only, then
ignore me. :-)

> irregualar pattern. If it's just insulation, what can I use to insulate it?
> Electrical tape? Shrink tubing (pardon the unintentional pun)?

Not normal electrical tape. That's usually only good up to 600v, we're
talking more like 10-20kv depending on the monitor.

On my asteroids, I used some split high voltage tubing, and secured it with
regular electrical tape. I got the tubing from a local TV repair guy. On my
BattleZone, I saved the socket from the original diode, and used the plastic
bits as split tubing, taping them on.

If you just use normal electrical tape, it will burn right through.

-Chris

http://www.westnet.com/