Re: Stay on Target - A Cinematroncs question

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 16:06:37 EDT

> Short answer: All sound boards are completely different. Rip Off
> and Star Castle use the same CPU board (different ROMS, of course) and
> Armor Attack and Solar Quest use the same CPU board.

I forget what the right answer is off hand because: In our emulator we
only run 1 CPU board - the Boxing Bugs one with extra ROM daughter card.
We replicate smaller games through the 32K address space so any switching
of the upper address lines won't matter. The only difference between
games then is the JMI jumper setting.

On the 16K games (AA and others) there is a flip-flop added at J10.
I think it's J10... This provides the extra address line and is the
distinguishing characteristic of 16K games (i.e. 4 4K roms).
Not sure, but I think that is the only CPU difference. Zonn or
Steve O. may correct me.

BTW when you refer someone to "spies" a URL would be nice, or is the
URL to "spies" to be found in the FAQ at spies.... :-) :-) :-)

http://www.spies.com/arcade/

or more specifically:

http://www.spies.com/arcade/conversion/index.html

--