Tempest Multigame Weirdness...

From: Dave Downin <downin_at_smarty.smart.net>
Date: Tue Aug 03 1999 - 22:58:50 EDT

I finally got my Tempest multigame installed and everything works great with
the published switch settings... In fact I've been having a great time at
Vector Breakout (I never cared that much for breakout...but now that it's a
vector game... :)

I have noticed 2 weird things with Breakout though and was wondering if it was
just me. I will usually coin up about 20-30 games and then start playing. At
some point I noticed that the # of credits at the bottom of the screen was
reading weird "0E"...and then some other weird ones (non-hex). It returned to
normal at 9 credits. When coining up the # of credits was displayed properly
though.

Also, I've noticed that the right curved portion of the paddle will extend
slightly over the boundary on the right side of the screen. My monitor does
need to be converged...but I don't think that is the problem really, as it
really doesn't look like a convergence problem.

BTW, anyone around the Baltimore/DC area ever converged one of these things.
I'd be happy to re-emburse you with the brew of your choice and some
cash. I've got the center of the screen pretty good...it's the yoke
positioning that's giving me fits! And it would be really nice to have the
picture all nice and sharp again.

--
Dave Downin (dave@arlo.net)
        "Sorry, the world is nuts.  It can't be helped" - Arlo Guthrie