Tempest Multigame

From: Mark Jenison <jenison_at_cig.mot.com>
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 10:05:42 EDT

Well, I had a party last weekend and people got to try out the new Tempest
Multigame. Here's a few observations:

- they kept using the wrong button to select it, so pressing the two button
reset would just return it to the "default" game. I had to open the game up
and reset it in test mode to fix this.

Conclusion: people don't much like to read instructions

- I still have my game set to the "multigame defaults", except for free play
(which I can't live without ;-)). Another thing I noticed about this is that
when playing TUBES, the second time through the demo, or right after someone
plays and it returns to demo mode, the player in the demo mode will just sit
there, with no enemies coming out. Does this happen on regular tubes ROMs, or
is this possibly another "feature" of having free play set?

Conclusion: the dip switch may an effect on TUBES roms.

- I returned to the game after a few hours and noticed that somehow the ball
for V-breakout had turned into a swirling ball like that of Yar's Revenge, and
the brick pattern at the top had changed. How is this done?

Conclusion: Is this the easter egg? Upon starting a new game, it played the
above version instead of the original version. Reseting the game returned it
to the original version.

Mark Jenison E-mail address: jenison@cig.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group Motorola--Arlington Heights, IL