Re: vector programming...

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 13:10:14 EDT

Matthew Sell wrote:

> Jess,
>
> What can I do to help?

Whatever you want. ;-) I can send you a copy of Borland C++ Builder V3.0 if you want as
well. Borland will also compile MSVC++ code(AFAIK).
  Basically, I need someone to bounce ideas off of and figure out the best way to do this
so it can be as modular as possible. I will try and get my code back to being able to at
least compile and then I can send you the source if you want.
  One of the major things that I wanted to do was to put MAME into a window(TCanvas).
Since MAME is written completely in C, Im not thinking that C++ will like it unless
*everything* is converted into objects. Which is a rather large job.
  Another question that came up in my mind. Is whether I should just build upon existing
MAME source or start anew. MAME has lots of the CPU modularity already done plus an
integrated disassembler. I suppose just leaving MAME in DOS and making an assember/editor
within it may be easier but working in Windows beats DOS.
  Ideas?

thanks for getting back to me.
  jess