Re: Vector programming

From: Paul Kahler <phkahler_at_Oakland.edu>
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 14:47:30 EDT

> Personally, I think the downfall of most modern games is that JAMMA won't
> let game designers innovate with new types of controls. I thought Rampart

The game companies do not want any controls that take more than zero
seconds to figure out how to use. The only non-joystick controls you
see are steering wheels and big things like motorcycle seats, skis, and
skateboards - These different (and big) input devices are really the
only thing that differentiates them from console and PC games these days.
Anyway if Bozo can't work the controls in 2 seconds we can't get a
dollar (25cents HAH!) every 30 seconds from him.

Arcade games could be different from home games if they'd just go back
to using vector monitors though :-)

--
|_|  |_||_| \___/ |____)      for things another man can just ignore. " -S.H.