Re: Pokey chip extraction

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon Oct 11 1999 - 22:55:12 EDT

        Buy a "prefessional" desoldering gun/station. This will cost you
at least $300. That's the best way (you asked!)

        Before I opted for that option, I had OK results with the $9.95
Radio Shack combination desoldering iron/solder sucker....but there is
really no comparison to a professional quality desoldering tool.

Joe

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, tom mcclintock wrote:

> I just received numerous Ballblazer carts in order to harvest the Pokey chips for
> my Tempest and Space Duel boardsets. As many of you have probably seen, they are
> soldered directly onto the Ballblazer board.
>
> What is the best way to remove the chips that is also the least damaging to the
> Pokey? Can't say I've done too many board repairs before so I thought I might as
> well do right the first time.
>

> Thanks,
> tom

Joseph J. Welser jwelser@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Design Engineer -- Crystal Semiconductor Corporation
Ph.D. Student in E.E. -- University of Texas at Austin
Work: jwelser_at_crystal.cirrus.com http://www.crystal.com
P.O. Box 17847; Austin, TX 78760