Re: WG6100 Problems (Please Help).

From: <jwelser_at_ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 12:36:12 EDT

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Matthew Sell wrote:

> Joe,
>

> What is the nominal voltage of the zeners you are using?

        I have no idea. I'm using the exact part numbers from the Atari
service bulletin (reproduced in Gregg Woodcock's FAQ.) I believe (but I'm
reciting these from memory) that the part numbers are 1N754A and 1N756A.

> (Are you sure???.....)
>
> If it was me, and I was sure that my connection was correct, then I'd test those
> zeners to find out. One (or both) may not have the rating that you think they
> have.....

        Of course that's possible. I've tried numerous samples with the
same effect. Are the part numbers wrong in the FAQ? Have you gotten this
"upgrade" to work with those part numbers?

Joe