Re: Seeking Tube Information

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Mon Nov 08 1999 - 12:06:39 EST

Jon Raiford wrote:

> I will be attempting to convert a 25" med res monitor into an Amplifone
> XY next week and would like to understand the issues that I will be
> facing.

Get the schems for the 25" raster monitor and compare the neck pinouts to
the amplifone neck plug. Schems for the Amplifone are on gamearchive.
They should be the same if you are using a 'standard' 25" tube.
If the neck 'thingy' (plastic peice that is siliconed on usually) does
not match the amplifone neck plug, then you will have to get it off somehow
without pulling out neck pins. Didn't someone here have a good way of
doing this?

You will have to take the convergence/purity magents assy off the 25" tube
as to get the raster yoke off. It won't work with the amplifone deflection.

Then get an Amplifone yoke from a 19" tube and put it onto the 25" tube.
The Amplifone manual lists these as the same part # I think so as long as
your tube has the right shape and neck diameter, it should work.

Put the old 25" convergence/purity mags back on in approximately the same
place.

> Will I need the original flyback as well as the WinTron HV transformer?

The Amplifone HV unit was the same for both 19" and 25" tubes so as long
as your neck pinouts match, you should be okay.

YOu will have to go through the whole purity, convergence setup as well.