Re: "untested" PCBs... and vector projects...

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Nov 29 1999 - 01:32:42 EST

----------------->snip<-------------------------------
This thread has probably gone on long enough, but I needed to add one item
after seeing the so-called problem with the post office at the end of this
message. We have been shipping via the Post Office to the US and overseas
for about twenty years now. In all that time I can't recall more than one
package being lost and I suspect the labelling on it was poor (a number of
years ago). We have always found the post office to be quite reliable and
fairly fast considering the inexpensive charge they make for their service.
A game board from Texas to Vancouver (distance ~ 2,000 miles) for about
$12US in a week or so, seems quite reasonable to me! In fact the only real
delay we run across is with customs, THEY can take weeks to clear
something, but normally it is a few days to process as far as I can tell.
Most of our shipments to the US arrive within ten business days. I don't
work for the post office by the way...
------------------>snip<----------------------------

Now back to the vector stuff...anyone want a couple of clone 13" c/t Star
Castles? Make a reasonable offer and pick them up! Working...bullet proof
monitors, they use audio amplifier modules that are open and short proof to
drive the yoke, very reliable!

I have also got a couple of winter projects for some lucky(?) person that I
need to clear out: (need the space)

Rockola "Star Castle" cabinet (u/r) in good condition: BUT the guts were
removed, however the control panel, header and side art are all still
original, included with the cabinet will be the previously removed game
boards and monitor chassis. Needs some retro-wiring...make offer. Can send
pictures.

Atari "Tempest" c/t: converted to some colour game, BUT have original
complete wiring harness with transformer pack, spinners, etc, and the
control panels still have their original artwork, the cabinet glass artwork
plate is missing,...make offer, can send pictures...(I have a spare
boardset, and monitor (untested, probably dead) for this project but if
wanted make separate offer.)

Atari "Tempest" full size u/r: Converted to something else. Control panel
and header are not original, side art is good...offers? More info can be
added, haven't looked at this one for a while...

Best offer within one week takes any or all of the above...hope this isn't
too commercial, but, heck, they are ALL vector games...

John :-#)#

PS, I am not going to talk about my latest Vectorbeam "Space Wars" in this
message...

  http://www.flippers.com