Gravitar CPOs - Last Minute Jitters

From: chumblespuzz <chumblespuzz_at_home.com>
Date: Tue Nov 30 1999 - 23:00:56 EST

Hi All,

I had just finished up the last little tweaks to the Gravitar CPO and was
about to send the final art off to the printer when something hit me...

This is the first CPO I'm doing where I don't have an original CP to do a
test fit on. I have been basing the art off an NOS CPO, and yes, it measures
up exactly, but I still have a concern. The original CPO has the button
holes pre-cut. When applying an NOS CPO you can use these holes as an
alignment reference, starting the application at the holes and working
outward.

When installing one of mine, however, the button holes are not cut until
*after* the CPO is applied. Therefore you need something else as a point of
reference. For my Black Widow and Crystal Castles CPOs I used the bottom
edge of the CP as the reference. You start applying the CPO at the bottom
edge, wrapping around the front, over the cotrol surface and then over the
top. Using this technique the graphics align perfectly.

But as I was getting ready to send the Gravitar CPO art off to the printer I
remembered that my NOS Crystal Castle CPO didn't reach all the way down to
the bottom edge of the control panel. It was about 1/16 - 1/8 inch short. No
big deal with the NOS one because you would apply the CPO starting at the
trak-ball hole. But with my repro I extended the CPO to make it reach the
bottom edge so that the bottom edge could be used as the reference point.

With the Gravitar CPO I can't do a test fit to assure the sizing accuracy of
the NOS CPO, so I need your help. Can anyone tell me if the original CPO
reaches *exactly* to the bottom edge of the CP? If not, *exactly* how far is
it off by? And even better reference would be if someone could measure from
the bottom edge of the CP to an easy reference point on the CPO, such as the
bottom of the outside yellow border. I know this would be difficult to do
accurately, but perhaps with a cloth tape measure (like those used in
sewing) or some other flexible scale would be great.

Thanks for your help.
-roy-