Re: Anyone need a solder/desolder station?

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_magenta.com>
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 17:56:55 EST

Michael Schulz wrote:
> Who said anything about kicking him off the list? I just mentioned that the
> list policy prohibits forsale posts of that particular type.

(Sorry Chris). I think the official rule is this...

   no for sale post, ebay adverts. If the for sale is *exclusive* to the vectorlist
and a price break given to vectorlisters and the item is vector related (soldering
on vector board fer instance), then it is allowed.

Like Roy's overlays... vector related, price break for us and I don't think they are on
RGVAC (but Im not sure since I don't look anymore). Roy + overlays + vectorlist = Happy
Vectorlisters! :-)

I think many people like to see stuff for sale here because it is close group of vector
collectors. but we don't want 6 posts a day from people selling off junk. I think it is
more of a personal judgement for the individual posting the info.

Clay also had some Vector Marquee's in the same post which made a bit more vector related
as well. He also, sort of apologized up front on his post.

I think we need a vectorlist FAQ. Paul.... Can I please write one? Can majordomo put a
generic footer on all vectorlist posts that has a link to it? I think that would really
cut down on some basic questions that *always* come up.

jess