Re: Selling Items on VL

From: chumblespuzz <chumblespuzz_at_home.com>
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 21:12:06 EST

<rant>

Well, what about my CPOs? Aside from Crystal Castles (which I needed for my
macine) all my CPOs have been for vector games. All of them have been
produced to help restore vector machines, and some of them have been done to
help specific VL subscribers (such as the dedicated Major Havoc and
Gravitar).

I certainly don't do this for the profit (if you can even call it that). Do
you know how many people responded to my post for Gravitar CPOs? *Z*E*R*O*
!!! Sure, Simon will take one ;) and one other VL'er agreed to take one
before the post, but do you think I will ever recoupe my time on this? Of
course not. I never expected to. I do this to help all of us.

I wish that the actual production for these was free. Then I'd just give
them away. But it's not so I can't. Do you think that if it cost Clay or
Zonn to give such good advice it would be given away so freely? Fortunately
for all of us, their skills can be expressed in words. Mine requires some
capital. What good would it be for anyone if I redrew the art and just made
bitmaps of it, never actually producing the CPOs?

What about the new vector monitor project? Lot's of people here have
contributed to it. Once these are produced should they not be offered first
to the VL (at a discounted price, I hope)?

If you all think that it's wrong to for me to "sell" CPOs on the VL, then
I'll stop. Sure I could make more on them on RGVAC, but I truly value the
information I get on the vector list and I just want to give something back.

I don't think that everything should be available for sale on the VL, but
where there is a clear benefit to the group for vector related items it
should be considered. Perhaps there should be a VLFS gatekeeper. All FS
posts should go through him first, and if deemed appropriate then passed on
to the list. It'd be an ugly job, and I sure wouldn't want it.

</rant>

-roy-