Re: separate vector list?

From: <Robot2084_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 17:26:44 EST

<<
 KLOV I understand but what is the point of VAPS? (Keep in mind I don't even
 own a working Pac-Man machine.) >>

It is a who's who and a brag sheet, basically. Couple problems I see with
VAPS.... 1)the format.. (as Eric said) with board collectors skewing the
numbers quite a bit with top collected game and what not. 2) The guy that
runs it...Ruddy? Or something like that. Who even knows who this guy is?
He's someone that is definitely not active on the newsgroup and the
day-to-day happenings on the net with arcade collecting issues. 3) Bizzare
categories like "Knowledge" that you are supposed to fill out about games you
own. Does this make sense to anyone as a category? And who cares how much
knowledge someone has? This directly relates to #2 I would guess.

So, VAPS has evolved into a Brag Sheet as far as I can see. Also, in the old
days you used to be able to see the number collected of any particular game
(not just the leading ones). That used to be something kinda neat when
looking at oddball games like Pooyan and whatnot.

I think some sort of a "Vector Preservation Group" or something might be
kinda cool, actually. If done right....by the right people...

JWC