various vector...

From: Clay Cowgill <vector_clay_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 17:56:19 EST

Hey all,

(Yeah, yeah... my blood pressure finally dropped back down after the great
desoldering station incident of 1999, so I'm back...)

Various things:

1) Has anyone ever reproduced the inside bezel of the original Asteroids
game? (That kinda cheesy hand-drawn asteroid shower.) Mine is pretty faded
and gross and it would be neat to have a colorful new one...)

2) Any suggestions for matching the paint "texture" on an Asteroids control
panel or other metal parts? (It kinda looks like a power-coat to me, but
I'm not sure... I am pretty sure if I sand-blast it flat and repaint it it
won't look the same though.)

3) AVG replacements have been shipping and are mostly "out there" now.
Scott and Callan are the last two I need get out still. Did anyone have any
problems with them? (Note to self: it takes a lot longer to build surface
mount boards in the winter when it's too cold for solder-paste to flow in
the garage...)

4) Anyone want to trade their Galaga (orignal!) PCB for a complete and
working Star Wars boardset (with metal cage and ARII)?

5) Anyone need to buy a working/complete Star Wars boardset? I have
several at $150/ea. (I need the space for "prooduction" more than extra
Star Wars boardsets...)

Thanks,
-Clay