Re: various vector...

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 18:09:57 EST

> > > I'm afraid I just can't get along with this rule. There's too many
> > > exceptions. "Push" commerce isn't allowed except for reproductions and
> > > whatnot... What the hell? It's still selling something. Presumably the
> You're 100% right. Change what I said in the last post to NO
> commerce. Period. No exceptions. I'm sick and tired of trying to bend
> like a pretzel to satisfy everyone. I realize that that's not going to
> happen. There are plenty of places to post FS and WTB posts.

That's too hard of an edge to have. As far as I'm concerned, the vector
list is here and we're like a group of good friends who occasionally want
to sell vector related stuff to our "friends". I don't think there's a
single one of us on this list who wants to be here for the sole purpose of
selling and having zero interest in the games we talk about.

I've gotten lots of advice from fellow listmembers in addition to a WG
monitor replacement for my Asteroids machine. because people posted about
it on the list. As far as I'm concerned, that's part of the process in
repairing some of our beloved games. To get to a point where I need new
parts and can't ask for some for sale from a fellow vector head o the same
list that was used to assist in debugging is just stupid!

> bandwidth.) It's a matter of the point/niche of the list. This list has
> consistently maintained a much higher SNR, IMHO, than RGVAC, arcade list,
> and any other forum for discussion of arcade games, IMHO because its
> content has been somewhat restricted to technical stuff.

In what fashion? We self police ourselves quite well I think. Only a
handful of times have we gotten severely off topic.

So if it's decided that there's zero tolerance policy for sales of any
sort, I'll start a list on Synthcom. Arguing about such petty shit is a
waste of time, and severly off topic. The people on this list and their
posts are quite valuable, including the for sale posts, so don't make
those of us who do appreciate relevant forsale posts suffer because of
an emotional inability to hit the delete key.

-->Neil

Neil Bradley Synthcom home : http://www.synthcom.com
Synthcom Systems, Inc. Y2K Dumbness - "Instant noodle meals are disappearing."
ICQ # 29402898 "Hordes coming for my Ramen stash? I'm getting my gun."