RE: Farewell to UT's vectorlist

From: Neil Bradley <neil_at_synthcom.com>
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 15:36:03 EST

> A list isn't a democracy - and the list owners have as much right to
> retire from the field as the list readers. For better or for worse, the
> guard appears to have changed today. It's now up to *all* of us to make
> sure the new vectorlist meets the high standards set by the old one.

I do believe a mailing list is a democracy, not the personal whim of the
single list maintainer. A mailing list should be set up to serve the
majority of people that use it, and to be accomodating to make the most
number of listmembers happy. What else is it there for?

There is a happy medium, here. This argument is as old as the hills, and
the solutions are simple. But it's a really, really sad day when we see
Clay and Al leave since they are some of the best contributors to the
list.

-->Neil

Neil Bradley Synthcom home : http://www.synthcom.com
Synthcom Systems, Inc. Y2K Dumbness - "Instant noodle meals are disappearing."
ICQ # 29402898 "Hordes coming for my Ramen stash? I'm getting my gun."