Re: newbie - Battlezone problems.

From: James G Watt <jim_at_kinetic-arts.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun Feb 06 2000 - 08:15:45 EST

>UNPLUG THE MONITOR. XY monitors can DIE if they are
>run with defective boards or power supply.

OK I did that. I didn't realise I could kill the monitor but I didn't
think that bright dot in the middle of the screen would do it much good.

I get no game sounds and no coinup sound.

>Now check the voltages, safely.

All voltages appear correct

--
>If voltages are all OK, then put the game into self test (switch should
>either be on coin door or beside volume control) listen for the self test
>beeps etc as described in the manual.
Right - I did this and I get no beeps. I also checked that the volume
pot wasn't turned down.

--
James G Watt
http://www.kinetic-arts.demon.co.uk