RE: Asteroids Multigame RFC...

From: Paul Sommers <Paul.Sommers_at_cwo.com.au>
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 16:33:45 EST

        Gang,

        I don't care about bells and whistles as long as I get one. But as
we have a shopping list...

> How important do any of you feel about the following features of the
> Asteroids/Deluxe/Lunar Lander multigame:
>
> 1) RAM based architecture (so games can be patched on the fly, new
> graphics
> loaded, new games written, etc.)

Don't care. Wouldn't know what to do with it even if it had red wheels.

> 2) Non-volatile RAM for high-score/settings saving

Settings saving?? So the dip switches are software controlled? Cool! But not
if it halts the project.

> 3) POKEY Chip for Asteroids Deluxe sounds and I/O

I guess you need that

> 4) Analog->Digital convertor for Analog Thrust Controller input

Can I expand on Neil's suggestion:
> Why not just have thrust come on when you hit thrust? Have it slowly
> increase to maximum and decrease as well? Gravity is so heavy even on the
> lightest setting that this should be easy to do.

That sounds fun - but if there is enough buttons (and I think there is) -
can we have an instant on & instant off for those panic attacks?

So... left/right/thrust (hold or release)/on/off?

Anyone like this idea?

Cheers
MacMan