RE: Thank you all!

From: Ray Ghanbari <ray_at_ghanbari.com>
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 12:32:58 EST

> Also, has anyone tried installing a subwoofer in the base of the
> cabinet? I'm thinking a good car stereo amp with a crossover connected to
> speaker level outs (with proper converter, of course) would really sound
> awesome! Shake the house with those 'roids explosions!

Neil, see the following:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/multimedia/soundworks_bge.htm

Price/performance, best speakers I've ever heard (to be clear, my B&W Matrix
speakers blow these away, but they also have a couple extra zeros tacked
onto the end of the price ;-)

What I've done is mount the small speakers immediately behind the marquee
(stereo). I've also tried mounting them outside the cabinet to get a better
stereo effect. The later worked better but I prefered the look of the
former.

The subwoofer is inside the cabinet and literally shakes the house
sometimes. AWESOME stuff, although I never heard my wife yell so loud as
when I fired up Tempest 2000 on the Jaguar in my universal cabinet with
these bad boys. Games were next to the furnace in the basement, and the
duct work literally made the whole house the subwoofer.

Nice amplified speakers, so you don't have to worry about all the other
stuff to get things hooked up.

For $70, can't be beat.

Gaming is a completely new experience when you have high quality sound (esp.
at the high and low ends) Having the subwoofer in the cabinet takes it to
another level still...

Ray