Re: Monitor Discharging

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 11:19:53 EDT

I should have mentioned that about ten resistors would be a good idea.
Certainly the risk of flash-over is present with only a couple of 1 meg
resistors...

I really recommend using a HV probe/voltmeter to discharge the tube before
you disconnect the HV lead. I got a great one on eBay for $25US a couple of
years ago, and it makes it very easy to both discharge and pop the little
clip under the rubber cap.

John :-#)#

  http://www.flippers.com