Covering burn in (was RE: Picture tube re-builder?)

From: Jenison Mark-QA3578 <Mark.Jenison_at_motorola.com>
Date: Mon Jul 02 2001 - 13:51:48 EDT

> NOTHING can save a burned tube! :(

I don't know if it was a standard thing, but on a few G08's that I've come
across, they've had a tinted plastic overlay which was form fitted to the
front of the picture tube. The tint masked phospher burn, and gave the
vectors a more aesthetically pleasing look.

I have a few monitors with burn in, and was considering doing something like
this. I don't want to just cover it with a tinted overlay (via battlezone,
etc), but something a little more form fitted. Someone suggested car window
tint, but I've never tried this.

If anyone has tried something similar, or would consider manufacturing
these, I think there'd be a decent market for them (considering you could
use them on raster monitors, too).

--
Mark Jenison