Anyone Fix Amplifones for $

From: <DBT4251_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 20:19:46 EDT

Hi, I have been collecting classics for about 5 years, but have always stayed
away from any machines with Vector monitors because of all the horror stories
about the monitors. Well, a deal I could not turn down came along. A great
looking Tempest that was complete, but the deflection board was out. I got
the whole thing for $100. I bring it home and remove the monitor so I can
start to work on it. I sat it down in the carport & went in to answer the
phone when it rang. (The phone, not the monitor) My wife, who did not see the
monitor, pulled the car in when she got home and ran into it.
Long story short, the tube is gone. There is only one small sticker I can
find, and that is a WG serial number on the metal shield around the screen
sides of the CRT. Does anyone know where I can get another tube for this so I
can at least get back to the starting point I was at. Thanks, Dean