Re: Anyone Fix Amplifones for $

From: <DBT4251_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 20:55:44 EDT

Thanks Richard, I am heading to the web site now. The guy I got it from said
that it played fine for him for years, and that when the monitor went out he
couldn't find anyone around to fix it. So it sat up in his storage room for
about a year until his wife told him to get rid of it. Get this, he was just
going to put it out for the garbage, but they wouldn't take anything that
large. He asked a friend of mine if he know anyone with a truck that he could
borrow to take it to the dump. My friend told him to call me because I might
be able to fix it. I went & looked at it, but his wife said it goes, working
or not. He asked me if I thought he could sell it the way it was. I said, you
can sell it to me for $100 (more as a joke) and he said "let me help you load
it". NOW, if I can just get the thing working. I have fixed about 50 raster
monitors, but have never even seen a vector before this. (As I said before, I
avoided them due to all of the horror stories). I found the vectorlist NG a
couple of days ago and have been reading yalls articles. I hope I haven't bit
off more than I can chew. Thanks, dean