Re: WG 6100 Deflection Board Problem

From: <nej_at_airmail.net>
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 17:00:40 EDT

jerry madsen <jetskimod@yahoo.com> said:

> Noel,
> You are refering to the caps that are by the
> resistors that I am talking about,correct?If so I did
> replace them.I dont have the scematics with me right
> now so I am going by memory to where they are at.
> Jerry.

Doh! I see that you said resistors, not caps in your original post. In any
event, if you did replace the 1.5ohm 10 watt resistors at R610/R710 it is
recommended that you use non-inductive resistors. I haven't really looked for
a source for these but if you check a few months back I believe someone posted
on this.

Still you should remove the 0.47uf caps at C603/C703. They look like small
plastic boxes so they're easy to recognize (unless they've been replaced
before with a different style cap). These caps aren't needed for proper
functioning of the board and can cause jiggly vectors in the lower half of the
screen (with the monitor laying horizontal as in Space Duel)

Noel