RE: VSM troubleshooting, Asteroids

From: TomWiz <twisnion_at_enteract.com>
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 15:31:31 EST

Hot dog, there it is... I knew it was somewhere !!

It puts a medium sized PLUS on the screen. I jumper the watchdog
and let if fly. I was going to put scope patterns in a doc for
the various test points during the draw but never got around to
it. What I'd like to do is increase the scaling, and have the vsm
code put in three different places in the vsm ram. I've run into
a few cases that it ran fine, but only because it was located low
in the vsm ram (its such a small pgm it does not fully test the
vsm address space). The game would die, but the vsm was fine.
Turns out that one of the high order bits (I forget the chip) was
out in the vsm ram. So to make this run in low vsm and then again
in high vsm memory space would be nice. Did anyone ever document
the vsm command structure ? That would be helpfull, this PLUS is
from the atari catbox documentation and I just adapted the tests
to the 9010. On of these day's I'll make it pretty..

TomW