Equipment selection

From: James C. Bowes IV <gambit_at_evergo.net>
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 04:46:26 EST

  Could the group point me at the best place to look for a good first
"real" soldering setup, or recommend options. I'm looking for something
that will work well for re-flows and such on older stuff (Duh, you're on
Vectorlist) as well as some work on more current consumer electronics.
(Small SMT type stuff, through-hole)
  I'm ready to stop fighting with the cheap iron I have right now, but
don't know what features are good/necessary/irrelevant. TIA for all the
help. =)

  The early bird gets the worm, but the second
        mouse gets the cheese.