RE: Omega Race Question

From: James J. Hagen <jameshagen_at_tds.net>
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 09:00:11 EST

The CT has a blue gel, just like the mini. As Andy mentioned, the UR uses a
yellow gel... But even with the yellow gel in place, I find the CRT still
wants to illuminate a least a little bit over the back drop.

Had this same problem with an AD, that was eliminated with automotive UV
window film placed between the CRT and blue gel. Tried this on the Omega R
UR but it just didnt look right, maybe because the lighter yellow was
changed by the UV film where the blue wasnt as affected... Either way,
getting a gel in place should improve the entire CRT illuminating.

HTH,
James H.