Re: Lunar Lander help

From: David Fish <dfish_1_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sun Jun 22 2003 - 10:52:30 EDT

From: "Joel Rosenzweig" <joel.rosenzweig@verizon.net>
To: <vectorlist@synthcom.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2003 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Lunar Lander help
> I'm still wondering about the self test. Does anyone know if LL self test
> is supposed to generate any video?

You're not seeing a cross-hatch becaue there is not suppose to be one.
When you put the game into self-test mode you will get SOME text on
the screen however. The manual says that you should see 'ROM OK'
in the upper left, I see numbers (9 10 11 12) there instead. In the
upper-middle area is 'XXX FUEL UNITS PER COIN' (XXX is
a number set via the options switch). Under that a number is shown that
represents your coin multiplier. Somewhat below is a two digit hexidecimal
number that represents the thrust value.
 The self test also cycles through four thrust sounds and blinks the MISSION
lamps, one per sound. Pressing the buttons results in a tone, the tone is
identical
for all buttons.

Hope this helps.

Dave