Re: RE: Amplifone 25" tube numbers

From: <jameshagen_at_tds.net>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2003 - 09:18:45 EDT

The "D" model might be a 5th revision... Last year I came across a 25" Amplifone yoke with no letters after the "001" number... It has the extra long yoke leads, also looks to have a less winding compared to the 6100 "A, B, C and D" versions. Made no differnce in converging a 25" tube vs any of the 6100 models. Pretty much tried them all with equal success.

Here's a pic using a tube from a med res WG U5000 series:
(not the best pic, dig cam made it look too bright in a few spots)

http://tinyurl.com/m35h

James Hagen