Asteroids Loud Buzzing

From: Robert Gonyer <arcade-dawg_at_mchsi.com>
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 09:35:07 EDT

Hi everyone,

My Asteroids restoration is 99% complete and it's coming out great. One
problem basically remains - there is a loud buzzing coming from the speaker
during play. I can still hear the sounds underneath the buzz, but only
faintly. The loud buzz does vary with the volume knob- If I turn it all the
way down, it is gone. When I turn it up, the buzz is 10 times louder than
the game. The monitor and AR have been capped, and I replaced big blue
trying to get rid of the buzzing, and that didn't help. Any other ideas off
hand?

I also need to get rid of the speed up mod, but I'm sure I can find that via
search..

Thanks for any help!!!