RE: Omega Race - help!

From: James R. Twine <jtwine_at_jrtwine.com>
Date: Sat Jan 19 2008 - 07:23:05 EST

> From: owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org [mailto:owner-
>
> I suspect the watchdog timer is resetting the CPU over and over
> again but don't know how to proceed next. Please advise!
>
> -Lewis

   I recall that there is no *easy* way to disable the WD on Omega Race.
You may have to muck around with the WD circuit itself, or lift a few
pins. Maybe lifting the reset pin on the CPU and holding it
manually...?

   See if the game can go into self-test. Some games that crash
normally can still spit out some useful info (tones) when placed into
self-test mode. Slim chance, but maybe a bad CPU? You tried cleaning
and reseating/wiggling it? Bad socket?

   Peace!

-=- James R. Twine, (spam@jrtwine.com)
http://www.jrtwine.com
http://www.deletefxpfiles.com
http://www.checkfavorites.com

[This message originates from jrtwine.com.]
Checked by AVG.
1/18/2008 7:32 PM